Sunday, February 27, 2011

My new room

So I'm finally getting an entire room designated for school.

Ok, that sounds kinda spoiled. Not every homeschool mom gets an entire room to designate for school. I remember many years doing school at the dining room table. In fact, that's where I've been doing school for the past several years.

I've been homeschooling for 6 years now (counting our current year). I can't believe I've been doing it this long. For the first four years it was only Richard. Homeschooling at the table wasn't very difficult then. Now I'm homeschooling both my older girls, and keeping a toddler occupied.

If you homeschool around the dining table, I completely understand how it feels. For me it was a bit frustrating to have to constantly pack away the school to set out the food. I imagine many mom's throughout the centuries have experienced this.

Ok, so what started out as a post about my new school room has turned into a bit of introspection about what I should be thankful for.

I'm thankful that I have been blessed to be able to homeschool my children with relatively little government interference.

I'm thankful that God has given me a house where I can designate a room to homeschooling.

I'm thankful that God has blessed me financially to outfit said room the way I want to.

Next up: how I've decorated my wonderful blessing of a school room.

No comments:

Post a Comment