Friday, February 4, 2011

Keep it Simple...



I left out the "Stupid" because I'm not a masochist.

Tonight for dinner I'm making canned soup. Ok, canned soup and BLTs... Ok, canned soup and some sort of protein enriched alternate side since my kids are really picky. Only one other member of the family actually likes tomatoes and two of them like bacon. Of course, I like all of it.

(BRB)

Ok, make that one... I just burned the bacon while I was blogging.

Anyway, I digress.

Anyway, as I'm popping the top on the cans, this is what goes through my mind: "Why didn't I think of this myself?"

The back story: I was listening to Dave Ramsey's radio show and this ad comes on talking about e-mealz. I decided to look into it, and eventually signed up. It's only $5.00 a month and I get a weekly dinner menu, plus a ready to print shopping list. In two weeks I've already saved hours of otherwise wasted "planning" time, and skipped the eating out excuse twice. The plan is definitely helping me.

But tonight... I mean really.... who's the genius that decided to put canned soup on this menu. It's brilliant.

At what point in my adult life did I decide to stop using canned soup as an alternative to making dinner from scratch. I can't even blame my mom for this one. I distinctly remember eating canned soup at her table. Not all the time, but often enough that I should have thought of it before now.

I guess somewhere in my quest for perfectionism I decided I was too "advanced" to open a can of soup. Now that I've paid $5.00 to be humbled... hopefully I will learn not to knock an easy meal once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know anything better then canned tomato soup with grilled cheese or canned cream of chicken with grilled pb&j's!!

    ReplyDelete