Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Next 12 days of Thanksgiving

In my last post I wrote twelve things I'm thankful for.  They were intended to be one for each day of the month thus far.

Here are my next 12 things.

Day 13: I'm thankful for being able to share in the joy of children coming home from college.  I keep reading posts from friends whose children were far away, coming home for the holiday.  Even though my children aren't at that stage yet, it's still fun to join in the excitement

Day 14: I'm thankful for the beauty of God's creation.  Several of my friends have posted pictures of rainbows on their Facebook walls.  Not to mention, the weather here in South Florida has been delightful.

Day 15: I'm thankful for brothers who taught me not to be a sissy.  Thanks to them I may enjoy being a woman, but I don't have to be afraid of anything.

Day 16: I'm thankful for a body that works (most of the time).  I'm thankful that I don't have to deal with major diseases, and my heart goes out to those who do.  I pray that all of my friends will be cancer free, healed of MS, Fibromyalgia, Lupus, or any other chronic condition and living life to the fullest.

Day 17: I'm thankful for experiences I wouldn't have paid for but get to enjoy for free... like tickets to a Miami Heat game that were free.

Day 18: I'm thankful for strong willed children, and the excitement they bring to my life.  I don't always like the struggle of training them, but I love their passion and resolve.

Day 19: I'm thankful for homeschool friends who I can share the load of teaching with.  I'm thankful for students who love to read, and contribute their thoughts and opinions in my literature class.  I'm also thankful for those who don't love to read, and challenge me to inspire them.

Day 20: I'm thankful for my wonderful mother (today is her birthday)

Day 21: I'm thankful for being able to spend time in the kitchen with my children.  I was able to teach my son how to make bread.  Hannah has also shown an interest in cooking this year which has resulted in many stress free meals.

Day 22: I'm thankful for opportunities to care for others.  Sharing a meal with a friend who's just had a baby, or a difficult surgery.  I'm glad I have friends who are willing to allow others to bless them.

Day 23: I'm thankful for opportunities to make a little extra cash.  A birthday party where I'm paid to serve, or little handmade items that were ordered are great opportunities to have a little extra spending money for the holidays.

Day 24: I'm thankful for babies I can shower with gifts.  I love shopping and sewing for little ones, especially little girls.  I'm thankful for ultrasound technology that can give me a few extra months to pile on the blessings before they enter the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment